Are you intimated at the prospects of tackling your financial aid applications? Join the crowd. It’s easy to make mistakes on the forms and these errors could cost you a ton of money. Resources exist, however, to help you survive the process. Here are six resources to get you started: 1. Use FAFSA on the [...]
I’m answering a quick financial aid question that I received on my Facebook page. Plenty of parents are asking the same question. Lynn O’Shaughnessy Mom’s Question: My son applied Early Action to a number of colleges and has gotten into a variety of them with varying amounts of merit aid. Even with this aid, the [...]
Do you assume that most teenagers face lousy odds of getting accepted into a good college? Lots of families believe that the admission process is stacked heavily against applicants, but this isn’t true. I largely blame the media’s obsessive coverage of the most elite universities for that misconception. A report from the College Board, Trends [...]
I’ve been asking visitors to my college blog and Facebook page this week to send me questions regarding the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. I am sharing some of their questions and my answers today because I know other people are just as puzzled about aspects of these two [...]
Now that we’re officially into the 2013-2014 FAFSA season, I wanted to answer some questions on my college blog that I’ve gotten about financial aid forms. If you have your own questions, please leave them in the comment box below. Lynn O’Shaughnessy Mom’s question: Try as I might I still can’t get my hands around [...]
It’s extremely easy to make financial aid mistakes. Paula Bishop, a CPA friend of mine in Bellevue, WA., who has filled out countless financial aid forms for clients, tells me that she’s never seen any parent complete a application without at least one mistake. Now that’s depressing and it can also be costly if you [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- My Take on the College Board’s BigFuture March 20, 2012
- Will Your Net Worth Hurt Your Chances for Financial Aid? June 19, 2013
- Colleges and Universities That are Test-Optional June 17, 2013
- A Dad’s Suggestions for a Better College Tour June 14, 2013
- A University That Treats Career Advice Seriously June 12, 2013
- What’s Wrong With College Career Service Offices June 10, 2013
- Getting Stiffed By Syracuse University June 7, 2013
- Should You Take the ACT or SAT? June 5, 2013
- Check Out Our 1st College Webinar June 3, 2013
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: HI Kate, Thanks for watching my video. That's g...
- Kate: Just watched your video. I was a bit shocked to he...
- butters: Adam, your comment is awesome to read. I am curren...
- Nick: I agree with you mostly but why does an education ...
- Jay: I agree - most career service offices are out of t...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Parent 2014 -- I'd have to agree with you about th...
- Marcy: We toured Snoma State University, not only did the...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Hi Wendy, Your bad experience reminded me of a to...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter