Today I’m passing along a fascinating list that comes from Harvard Law School. The list you see below includes the 261 colleges and universities where members of the Class of 2013 law school students come from. Michelle Kretzschmur, the creator of Do-It-Yourself College Rankings sent me the link to the list because she knows how [...]
The 2012-2013 college admission season hasn’t even officially started, but I’ve already been hearing from parents who are stressed about paying for elite schools that are on their teenagers’ lists. Some of these parents believe that they have an obligation to incur huge debt if their children get accepted into the most prestigious schools. Here’s [...]
Do you need to graduate from an Ivy League school or other ultra elite college to earn the highest salaries? Many families believe that graduates who can put a school like Princeton or Yale on their resume will fare significantly better financially than smart students who end up earning their degrees from elsewhere. In a [...]
Today I am reprinting an article written by Lee Bierer, a friend of mine, who is a nationally syndicated columnist and independent college counselor in North Carolina. Lee writes the Charlotte Observer’s weekly Countdown to College column, which is syndicated nationally to McClatchy Newspapers. I asked Lee if I could reprint her column because it [...]
May 1 is college decision day. That’s the day each year when many colleges and universities across the country require high school seniors to make a final decision about where they will attend school in the fall. Seniors must notify their No. 1 pick by putting down a deposit to secure their spot in the [...]
I’ve been receiving some fascinating comments lately that were triggered by recent posts that shared the agony of students who aimed for the Ivies and other elite schools and got spurned or who couldn’t afford the tab. If you missed the posts, here they are: Should You Blow the Budget on Cornell? The Odds of [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- My Take on the College Board’s BigFuture March 20, 2012
- Colleges and Universities That are Test-Optional June 17, 2013
- A Dad’s Suggestions for a Better College Tour June 14, 2013
- A University That Treats Career Advice Seriously June 12, 2013
- What’s Wrong With College Career Service Offices June 10, 2013
- Getting Stiffed By Syracuse University June 7, 2013
- Should You Take the ACT or SAT? June 5, 2013
- Check Out Our 1st College Webinar June 3, 2013
- Predictions About the New SAT Test May 31, 2013
- butters: Adam, your comment is awesome to read. I am curren...
- Nick: I agree with you mostly but why does an education ...
- Jay: I agree - most career service offices are out of t...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Parent 2014 -- I'd have to agree with you about th...
- Marcy: We toured Snoma State University, not only did the...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Hi Wendy, Your bad experience reminded me of a to...
- Wendy: The worst tour experience we had with my daughter ...
- buthryan: This is a great list of suggestions. College tour ...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter