Do you have to visit a college before you apply? It’s always better if you arrange a college tour and spend quality time at schools before finalizing your list, but financially it’s often not possible. There are things you can do, however, to help you assess whether a college would be a great match while [...]
In my last post I talked about the benefits of visiting colleges before applying — particularly at schools where you can collect brownie points for showing up. If you missed it, here it is: Which Colleges Should I Visit? Today I’m directing you to a couple of resources that can help you pinpoint whether a [...]
Is there a strategy to deciding which colleges to visit? I got that question via email from a mom who attended my college workshop over the weekend at the University of California, San Diego. Clearly it’s much more expensive and involved for families out West to visit schools because you can’t just hop in the [...]
The college visit season is in full swing. High school seniors are fanning out across the country to check out colleges for the last time before they make their big decision. Visiting campuses during spring break is an annual tradition, but some collegiate suitors are trying to make their campus tours for accepted students more [...]
It’s college visit season. Juniors are fanning out to visit schools and seniors are on the go too as they visit colleges for the last time before making their final decisions. Too many teenagers and their families zip through college tours. It seems to become a contest of seeing how many colleges they can tour [...]
College visit. Yes, it’s that time of year when high school seniors and juniors are planning college visits during spring break. You can learn a lot during a college visit so you need to make the most of the opportunity. During a campus visit, here are 31 questions that you should ask: College Graduation Track [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- My Take on the College Board’s BigFuture March 20, 2012
- Colleges for students with learning disabilitites May 24, 2013
- When admission reps don’t know what they are talking about May 22, 2013
- Kick Off the Summer By Attending Our College Webinar May 19, 2013
- Ending College Stonewalling on Grad Salaries May 16, 2013
- College Options for Musical and Artistic Students May 13, 2013
- A 53% Discount Off a College Sticker Price May 10, 2013
- 8 Things to Know About Attending State Universities Outside Your Borders May 8, 2013
- Should Students Attend a State University Beyond Their Borders? May 6, 2013
- You will discover Christian Louboutin wedges - - Kikooboo.com - Message: When admission reps don't know what they are talki...
- Sarah Dugo: Great article-re-tweeted on @futuredoll...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Will do. Thanks Sylvia. Lynn O'Shaughnessy...
- Stuart: I would agree, except that admissions practices ar...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Pris - You can't claim that your mother is single ...
- Sylvia Carson: Hi Lynn, Please send me a reminder for your nex...
- Pris: Hi, my parents are married but filed seprately and...
- phoebe: Personally, I wouldn't rely on an admissions rep f...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter