I am sharing an email that I received this week from a dad who had just completed a college trip with his daughter and had some helpful suggestions for schools on how to operate better college tours. At the end of his suggestions, you will see which state university that the family visited. Lynn O’Shaughnessy [...]
on June 14, 2013 in Uncategorized
Do you have to visit a college before you apply? It’s always better if you arrange a college tour and spend quality time at schools before finalizing your list, but financially it’s often not possible. There are things you can do, however, to help you assess whether a college would be a great match while [...]
In my last post I talked about the benefits of visiting colleges before applying — particularly at schools where you can collect brownie points for showing up. If you missed it, here it is: Which Colleges Should I Visit? Today I’m directing you to a couple of resources that can help you pinpoint whether a [...]
Is there a strategy to deciding which colleges to visit? I got that question via email from a mom who attended my college workshop over the weekend at the University of California, San Diego. Clearly it’s much more expensive and involved for families out West to visit schools because you can’t just hop in the [...]
The college visit season is in full swing. High school seniors are fanning out across the country to check out colleges for the last time before they make their big decision. Visiting campuses during spring break is an annual tradition, but some collegiate suitors are trying to make their campus tours for accepted students more [...]
It’s college visit season. Juniors are fanning out to visit schools and seniors are on the go too as they visit colleges for the last time before making their final decisions. Too many teenagers and their families zip through college tours. It seems to become a contest of seeing how many colleges they can tour [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- Getting Real About Majoring in Engineering September 16, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- The Best Way to Study for Final Exams December 6, 2013
- What’s New With the SAT December 4, 2013
- Thanksgiving Blessings November 29, 2013
- What Colleges Are Stressed About Filling Their Seats November 25, 2013
- Video Guides to Completing 2 Popular College Applications November 21, 2013
- How Admission Offices Use Big Data to Track Students November 18, 2013
- Do STEM Majors Really Enjoy an Advantage? November 13, 2013
- Looking For Great College Bargains November 8, 2013
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks Dana! I do feel very lucky. Lynn O'Shaughn...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks so much for your note! I hope your child g...
- dave: I'm sorry but if your parents don't want to spend ...
- 2014 HS Mama: Yes, I thank you so much, also. Your words are hel...
- David: One good reason the ACT might be winning - student...
- Dana: I'm thankful for the wealth of information that yo...
- Sona: As a mom to a freshman I find it really useful. Th...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks Ann for the kind words! Lynn O'Shaughnessy...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter