I am holding one of my rare workshops at University of California, San Diego on Oct. 5 that will focus on how to find and pay for colleges. This will probably be the last workshop that I do at UCSD because I truly hate doing the marketing for it. If you enroll in this 3.5-hour [...]
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’ve been getting questions from parents who are agonizing about where their teenagers should attend college. It’s a tough decision and time is running out to pick the winners. The national deposit day for freshman is May 1. Here are some of choices facing a family that contacted me [...]
Some things about college are easy to measure. It’s easy to determine the win-loss record of the football or basketball teams. It’s easy to find out how many kids graduate in four years. (Nationally only about 35% pull this off.) It’s easy to determine if the campus is pretty or if the dorm food sucks. [...]
In my last post, I shared how you can pinpoint the four-year graduation rates of any college or university. If you missed it, here is the post: Will Your Child Graduate From College in 4 Years? As I mentioned yesterday, it should be no surprise that students at private non-profit schools typically graduate sooner than [...]
One of the best ways to cut the cost of college is to graduate in four years. This might seem like a no-brainer, but most college students can’t pull it off. Just over 50% of students, who started out as full-time freshmen, end up graduating in six years. In general, private schools do a better [...]
Yesterday I wrote a post that explored what types of schools enjoy the best graduation rates. If you missed it, here it is: Who Graduates In 4 Years? Today I’m sharing the 25 public universities where students enjoy the best chances of earning a diploma in four years. I pulled these figures off the federal [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- Getting Real About Majoring in Engineering September 16, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- Who Should Complete the FAFSA? December 10, 2013
- The Best Way to Study for Final Exams December 6, 2013
- What’s New With the SAT December 4, 2013
- Thanksgiving Blessings November 29, 2013
- What Colleges Are Stressed About Filling Their Seats November 25, 2013
- Video Guides to Completing 2 Popular College Applications November 21, 2013
- How Admission Offices Use Big Data to Track Students November 18, 2013
- Do STEM Majors Really Enjoy an Advantage? November 13, 2013
- Bob Gilvey: There must be a connection between The Common Core...
- Susan: The list of colleges above might be generous to th...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: You're very welcome Brenda! Lynn O'Shaughnessy...
- Brenda Breton: Thank you for sharing your resources and informati...
- Dave: That's "an answer."...
- Dave: I'm a college prof and I don't see and answer. My ...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks Ann for spending time on my blog and recomm...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks Sona! I just saw your comment. It's smart t...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter