Michelle Kretzschmar of Do It Yourself College Rankings and I will be holding our second in a series of summer college webinars tonight at 6 p.m. PDT. We hope you can attend and please bring a quesiton to ask — the best part of the webinar will be your questions! Lynn O’Shaughnessy I don’t have [...]
on June 17, 2013 in Uncategorized
on March 10, 2013 in Admissions
This is a stressful time for teenagers and parents who are waiting for acceptances. Or who are trying to decide what the ultimate college choice will be. Or who are wondering how they are going to pay for a school when their financial aid package is inadequate. Today I want to share some conversations that [...]
I wanted to share this note that I got today from a mother, who wonders about the fairness of merit aid scholarship policies. In my next post, I’ll comment on Rebecca’s note. I’d urge you to share your thoughts on this subject in the comment box below. – Lynn O’Shaughnessy Hi Lynn, I would love [...]
Today’s post comes courtesy of a new website, LiberalArtsColleges.com, which was created by David Kochanek after he realized that there wasn’t a single online source dedicated to all liberal arts colleges. As some of you know, I’m a huge admirer of liberal arts colleges and both of my children ended up at one. I believe [...]
Note: I ran this college blog post last year, but it’s equally relevant today… I got an email this week from a California mother who was happy that her child would be a attending St. Mary’s College of Maryland, a wonderful public liberal arts college, in the fall. Her husband, however, remained skeptical. He worried [...]
Over the last 24-hours, I received a lot of great comments and some emails in reaction to this college blog post: An Email from a Disillusioned Mom If you haven’t read the post, I’d urge you to do so. The email came from a mother of a very bright girl from an affluent family, who [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- My Take on the College Board’s BigFuture March 20, 2012
- Will Your Net Worth Hurt Your Chances for Financial Aid? June 19, 2013
- Colleges and Universities That are Test-Optional June 17, 2013
- A Dad’s Suggestions for a Better College Tour June 14, 2013
- A University That Treats Career Advice Seriously June 12, 2013
- What’s Wrong With College Career Service Offices June 10, 2013
- Getting Stiffed By Syracuse University June 7, 2013
- Should You Take the ACT or SAT? June 5, 2013
- Check Out Our 1st College Webinar June 3, 2013
- butters: Adam, your comment is awesome to read. I am curren...
- Nick: I agree with you mostly but why does an education ...
- Jay: I agree - most career service offices are out of t...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Parent 2014 -- I'd have to agree with you about th...
- Marcy: We toured Snoma State University, not only did the...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Hi Wendy, Your bad experience reminded me of a to...
- Wendy: The worst tour experience we had with my daughter ...
- buthryan: This is a great list of suggestions. College tour ...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter