Michelle Kretzschmar of Do It Yourself College Rankings and I will be holding our second in a series of summer college webinars tonight at 6 p.m. PDT. We hope you can attend and please bring a quesiton to ask — the best part of the webinar will be your questions! Lynn O’Shaughnessy I don’t have [...]
on June 17, 2013 in Uncategorized
on June 5, 2013 in Uncategorized
Michelle Kretzschmar of Do It Yourself College Rankings and I will be holding our second free college webinar on at 6 p.m. PDT on June 22. Hundreds attended our first webinar and we are hoping for another great turnout as we share tips to help you make college more affordable. To learn more, visit my [...]
on May 31, 2013 in Uncategorized
How much do you know about the ACT and SAT? I thought I knew a lot, but I learned more when I attended an illuminating session on standardized testing at the recent annual conference of the Western Association of College Admission Counseling. I’m sharing some of the presentation that was put together by Adam Ingersoll, [...]
A couple of years ago I listened in on a webinar about SAT strategies that really impressed me. The guest speaker was Jeb Applerouth, who runs an eponymous test-prep firm that’s headquartered in Atlanta. Since the webinar, I occasionally visit Applerouth’s blog to see what he’s been writing about standardized testing. Jeb gave me permission [...]
A mother recently asked me what constitutes a good SAT scores. I told her that it depends on the caliber of the school. At some colleges a 1600 out of a 2400 score is above average while at other schools, applicants with that kind of score wouldn’t even be seriously considered. At some of the [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- My Take on the College Board’s BigFuture March 20, 2012
- Will Your Net Worth Hurt Your Chances for Financial Aid? June 19, 2013
- Colleges and Universities That are Test-Optional June 17, 2013
- A Dad’s Suggestions for a Better College Tour June 14, 2013
- A University That Treats Career Advice Seriously June 12, 2013
- What’s Wrong With College Career Service Offices June 10, 2013
- Getting Stiffed By Syracuse University June 7, 2013
- Should You Take the ACT or SAT? June 5, 2013
- Check Out Our 1st College Webinar June 3, 2013
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: HI Kate, Thanks for watching my video. That's g...
- Kate: Just watched your video. I was a bit shocked to he...
- butters: Adam, your comment is awesome to read. I am curren...
- Nick: I agree with you mostly but why does an education ...
- Jay: I agree - most career service offices are out of t...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Parent 2014 -- I'd have to agree with you about th...
- Marcy: We toured Snoma State University, not only did the...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Hi Wendy, Your bad experience reminded me of a to...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter