The College Board is delaying the roll out of its new SAT test. The launch of the redesigned test had been scheduled for 2015, but the test maker is delaying it by a year. The College Board’s press office released a short statement yesterday that said: “This change in the timing of the redesign will [...]
According to the just released ACT scorecard for 2013 high school graduates, the composite ACT score has dropped to its lowest level in five years. The latest composite ACT score is 20.9. That represents a .2 point drop from last year’s scores. The highest ACT score possible is a 36. Scores declined for all four [...]
on June 17, 2013 in Uncategorized
I don’t have to tell you that one of the biggest stresses of the entire college process is the standardized testing. The prospects of taking the SAT and/or ACT is daunting, particularly since so much can ride on the results. I wasn’t happy about the amount of time and money spent in my house on [...]
on June 5, 2013 in Uncategorized
Should you take the SAT or ACT? This is a question that has puzzled millions of teenagers. Today I’m sharing test-selection advice from Adam Ingersoll, a co-founder of Compass Education Group, which is a large test-prep firm in Southern California. I wrote about his predictions regarding the SAT changes to come in this recent blog [...]
on May 31, 2013 in Uncategorized
How much do you know about the ACT and SAT? I thought I knew a lot, but I learned more when I attended an illuminating session on standardized testing at the recent annual conference of the Western Association of College Admission Counseling. I’m sharing some of the presentation that was put together by Adam Ingersoll, [...]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Join Lynn's newsletter and be among the first to know what's going on in the college world. Enter your email address below to get started:
- Deadbeat Parents Who Won’t Help Pay for College February 27, 2012
- Getting Financial Aid As an Independent Student January 15, 2010
- Avoiding 10 Common FAFSA Mistakes December 30, 2011
- What’s Wrong With College Dream Lists April 4, 2012
- An Email from a Disillusioned Mom March 22, 2012
- Should a Kid Borrow $80,000 for a Brand Name University? April 19, 2012
- Getting Real About Majoring in Engineering September 16, 2012
- 30 Liberal Arts Colleges In or Near Cities July 18, 2010
- Who Should Complete the FAFSA? December 10, 2013
- The Best Way to Study for Final Exams December 6, 2013
- What’s New With the SAT December 4, 2013
- Thanksgiving Blessings November 29, 2013
- What Colleges Are Stressed About Filling Their Seats November 25, 2013
- Video Guides to Completing 2 Popular College Applications November 21, 2013
- How Admission Offices Use Big Data to Track Students November 18, 2013
- Do STEM Majors Really Enjoy an Advantage? November 13, 2013
- Bob Gilvey: There must be a connection between The Common Core...
- Susan: The list of colleges above might be generous to th...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: You're very welcome Brenda! Lynn O'Shaughnessy...
- Brenda Breton: Thank you for sharing your resources and informati...
- Dave: That's "an answer."...
- Dave: I'm a college prof and I don't see and answer. My ...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks Ann for spending time on my blog and recomm...
- Lynn O'Shaughnessy: Thanks Sona! I just saw your comment. It's smart t...
Follow @collegeblogs on Twitter