My next quarterly workshops through the University of California, San Diego Extension have not been scheduled yet. If you’d like to know when the next one is, sign up for my newsletter or email me at Lynn@TheCollegeSolution.com. Thanks.
Are you worried about your children getting into great colleges and universities?
Even more importantly, are you stressed about how you’re going to pay for your teenager’s college education?
You can find many answers by attending college workshops offered through the University of California, San Diego Extension .
At the workshops, Lynn O’Shaughnessy, who is a nationally recognized college expert, will provide you with a road map that can empower you to make smart decisions on selecting colleges and making them more affordable.
What You Will Learn…
Shrinking the Cost of College Workshop
The first workshop focuses on making college more affordable. Those who attend the 3.5-hour workshop will learn this and more:
- How to tap into the biggest sources of college money.
- How to increase your chances of winning scholarships from colleges.
- How to identify the nation’s most generous schools.
- How to use the best tools on the Internet to evaluate schools financially.
- Why it’s not just “A” students who can earn significant financial aid or scholarships from colleges.
- How to discover what a college will really cost you well in advance of applying.
- Why you need to know your Expected Family Contribution and how you can obtain it.
- Why it can be cheaper having two children in college at once than one.
- Why college savings rarely hurts a family’s chances for financial aid.
- A potential financial aid advantage for families of divorce.
Finding the Right College Workshop
The second workshop focuses on how to find great colleges and universities and boost your child’s chances of admission. At this workshop, you will learn:
- Strategies to increase your child’s admission chances.
- How being a Californian, as well as having other hooks, can boost a teen’s chances of admission and merit awards outside California.
- Why affluent teenagers can enjoy an admission edge at many schools.
- How to evaluate colleges and universities academically.
- The real truth about college rankings.
- Ways to find overlooked academic gems.
- Why unimpressive test scores don’t have to hurt a teen’s admission or aid chances at many colleges, including some elite ones.
- The real story behind athletic scholarships.
- About inexpensive SAT/ACT resources
Who is Lynn O’Shaughnessy?
Lynn O’Shaughnessy is a best-selling author, journalist, speaker, consultant and a nationally recognized expert on college planning. Lynn is the author of The College Solution, an Amazon.com bestseller. She writes a college blog for CBS MoneyWatch and The College Solution (her own site).
Lynn has been interviewed or has written on college issues for such media outlets as Money Magazine, BusinessWeek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Parade Magazine, Fox Business News, Huffington Post, Smart Money and The Early Show on CBS.
Lynn is also the consulting director of college planning, K-12, UCSD’s Extension.
Need more information? Contact UCSD at (858) 534-0804 or email AcademicConnections@ucsd.edu.You can also contact Lynn O’Shaughnessy at Lynn@TheCollegeSolution.com