Are you worried about your children getting into great colleges and universities? Even more importantly, are you stressed about how you’re going to pay for your teenager’s college education?
You can find many answers by attending Lynn O’Shaughnessy’s college workshop on Oct. 5, 2013 at the University of California, San Diego Extension. The workshop will begin at 9 a.m. and last until 12:30 p.m.
At the workshop, Lynn O’Shaughnessy, who is a nationally recognized expert on making college affordable, will provide you with a road map that can empower you to make smart decisions on selecting colleges and making them more affordable.
What You Will Learn…
Making College More Affordable
Here are some of the topics that Lynn will cover:
- How to tap into the biggest sources of college money.
- How to increase your chances of winning scholarships from colleges.
- How to identify the nation’s most generous schools.
- How to use the best tools on the Internet to evaluate schools financially.
- Why it’s not just “A” students who can earn significant financial aid or scholarships from colleges.
- How to discover what a college will really cost you well in advance of applying.
- Why you need to know your Expected Family Contribution and how you can obtain it.
- Why it can be cheaper having two children in college at once than one.
- Why college savings rarely hurts a family’s chances for financial aid.
- A potential financial aid advantage for families of divorce.
Finding the Right Colleges
The second part of the workshop will focus on these topics:
- Strategies to increase your child’s admission chances.
- How being a Californian, as well as having other hooks, can boost a teen’s chances of admission and merit awards outside California.
- Why affluent teenagers can enjoy an admission edge at many schools.
- How to evaluate colleges and universities academically.
- The real truth about college rankings.
- Ways to find overlooked academic gems.
- Why unimpressive test scores don’t have to hurt a teen’s admission or aid chances at many colleges, including some elite ones.
- The real story behind athletic scholarships.
- About inexpensive SAT/ACT resources
Who is Lynn O’Shaughnessy?
Lynn O’Shaughnessy is a best-selling author, journalist, speaker, consultant and a nationally recognized expert on college planning. Lynn is the author of The College Solution, an Amazon.com bestseller. She writes a college blog for CBS MoneyWatch and The College Solution (her own site).
Lynn has been interviewed or has written on college issues for such media outlets as Money Magazine, BusinessWeek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Parade Magazine, Fox Business News, Huffington Post, Smart Money and The Early Show on CBS.
Registering for the Conference
The price for the conference is $50. If you bring anyone (friend, spouse or someone else), the price for the second admission will drop to $30.
The first 25 people who sign up for the workshop will receive an electronic copy of Lynn’s workbook, Shrinking the Cost of College.
The workshop will take place at UCSD Extension’s beautiful learning facility at 6256 Greenwich Dr. just off Interstate 805’s Governors Dr. exit.
If you would like more information or register for the conference, please contact Lynn at Lynn@TheCollegeSolution.com.